Social Media is an excellent tool for lead generation.
At your fingertips you have access to thousands of people – it’s like a mega networking event on steroids. But, how do you use social media to attract the right audience and generate the right leads for your business?
Every type of marketing, no matter the goal, starts with the same thing:
· Know Your Audience – You have to know everything you can about your audience. Who exactly are they? What is their sex? What are their fears and concerns? What problems do they have that you can solve? You can get to know your audience by going where they are and studying them. So, get out your notepad and visualise your ideal client.
· Spell Out Your Goals – You can’t start any type of marketing without a goal. In this case it’s lead generation. How many leads do you want to generate in what period of time? Exactly who do you want as a lead?
· Create a Content Strategy – As they say, nothing is done without content. They don’t say that? Well, they should. Without content, you have no marketing strategy whatsoever. You’ll need to create content for your website/blog and social media that has the point of your marketing campaign in mind. Which in this instance is lead generation.
After that, almost everything else rests on content to promote your lead capture pages.
· Put Sign-Up Forms on Social Media – You can put a sign-up form right on Facebook, and Facebook can become the landing page. When you can, put the sign-up form where the content is so that you can get a higher conversion rate.
· Improve Your Social Media Profiles – Before someone clicks through your links they’re going to check your profile. If you have a bad head-shot, and a half-filled out profile, they’re not going to go back and give you their email. Nope. They’re going to click away, never to return. Don’t let that happen.
· Spend Some Money – You’ve created an awesome content marketing strategy, but hardly anyone is seeing it? It might be time to pay for sponsored posts on social media networks like Facebook. Capturing leads is one of the ways that you can use social media advertising without spending a fortune.
· Offer Something Substantial – Giving away a freebie to get the email address is a classic practice among all internet marketers. But, you can make this work even better by ensuring that the giveaway would only be wanted by your target audience.
With the thousands of people within your target audience using social media, making social media work for you as a lead generation tool is honestly a no brainer. It can however be time consuming, especially if you are a sole trader. So, outsource to a virtual assistant who can support you.